Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sweet Clark has returned

The last couple months have been trying in the parenting department. Clark has been ornery, defiant and all around difficult to deal with. I thought (hoped) maybe it was a product of all the craziness of life and moving, but once we were settled it didn't improve. I am thrilled to report he has had two good days in a row. His sweetness has come back and he's been a joy to be around. Of course he still has his moments, but overall it has been a welcome change. We have had fun playing with his toys, wrestling on the floor and playing chase. His cute babbles have returned, the high pitch screaming has become less often and he has started obeying occasionally. I'm praising God for this and hoping it becomes to new normal. Michael says not to count on it, but I'm hopeful.

Every night as a part of our bedtime routine I pray for Clark (since he can't really talk yet) as I'm putting him in bed. I always thank God for Clark and for the good gift he is to our family. I pray God will give us wisdom as parents and help us to raise Clark to love him and that he would show Clark how much we love him and how much he loves him. I'm so thankful for these sweet moments with Clark. I love my boy!

1 comment:

  1. I won't even pretend to be able to offer advice. But I'll tell you this, I read "Parenting" magazine all of the time, and get some really good tips and tricks! I am trying to break a cycle in my family's parenting style, so I'm having to re-adjust my thinking all of the time. It's not easy, that is for sure. But those Parenting magazines have been a life-line more than once!

    ReplyDelete